My Mexican Adventure
   
Friday, September 22, 2006
Frisbee


[clockwise from top-right: at tonio's(in frnt) party, my busted lip, at dinner after, w (L-R) Hector/Andreas/Luis/Fredrico]

So the Tec Frisbee Club has just been created this term. Went for the information session which was supposed to be a time for them to introduce the game to the mexicans but basically only the exco(mexicans) and exchange students (who'd already played frisbee) who turned up. May have had one or two newbie mexicans. As you can see from the photos... I was the only girl there! *one or two other girls have turned up recently

Anyway, everyone in the club's really nice... Mexican guys have a lot of "machismo" so they're always too afraid to block me...That's gradually changed. haha. And they even promised to bring me to watch Lucho Libre (Mexican wrestling)! They looked at me funny when I asked abt it- think only ah peks go to watch the matches... everyone else watch on TV.

AND... I sustained my first injury a while back... The field lights were off and luis(president and i) ran for the same disc. We didnt see each other and BANG. Fell backwards and bit my lip! Quite scary la... even in the dark I could see all the blood.

[went with the frisbee club to visit an orphanage. bottom right pic taken at training]


EDIT:
went to watch lucho libre on sunday! 16/10
posted by debz @ 3:28 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."

-- Mark Twain

About Me
[ name :: debz ]
[ age :: 20 ]
[ bday :: 04/ 12/ 1985 ]
[ :: blessed child of God ::]
[ :: smu kid ::]
[ :: happy daughter n sis ::]
[ :: pampered gf :: ]

I wanna travel the world someday..
*wistful grin*

This is just another step in my journey...

I'm currently in Mexico right now (Tec de Monterrey to be exact).. on exchange.
So feel free to share in my adventure... :)

Archives
Tagboard

Links